Desiree NIelsen hosts Urban Vegetarian on ZLivingTV
Fed up of watching yet another Food Network or Saturday Kitchen program, cooking up dead animals? Did you know there are some fab vegan shows around the world? A few are on mainstream TV, others are online (but if you have a Smart TV, you can easily watch them from your sofa. The more people watch them, the more there will be!
Plantbased Network is the world’s first TV network for plant-based living. Founded in Canada, it features TV shows on the plant-based lifestyle including cooking, health, fitness and environment. There are no ads for meat, dairy or pharmaceuticals.
Compassionate Celebrity Chefs!
Vegan Chef Vita a star in his native Jamaica
- In the US, Laura Theodore is a cook and jazz singer, better known as The Jazzy Vegetarian. She presents good cooking shows on mainstream TV that are always quick and easy. And of course, she sings as she cooks!
- The Vegan Roadie is a TV show by a talented chef, who cooks as he travels. Dustin Harder is a classically-trained chef, whose shows have become legendary. The latest series sees him traveling and cooking all over Italy: from Rome to Naples to Sicily.
- Vegan Mashup offers a TV show of cooking programs, fronted by top vegan chefs including Terry Hope Romero (Isa Chandra’s partner-in-crime) and Miyoko Schinner (who invented the world’s first palm-oil-free vegan butter).
Vegan TV Channels
- Conscious Living TV is a fab online channel worldwide. Bianca and Michael thought up the idea, while returning from their honeymoon a few years ago. She was an entertainment lawyer and he was an entrepreneurs. They took their passion for raw food, yoga and ethical fashion, and turned it into something wonderful. Find cooking shows, interviews and spiritual food.
- Veggie Vision TV is an online channel founded and run by Karin Ridgers, a vegan PR expert (you can order her services at Mad Promotions). She interviews all the big UK names, and has all kinds of interesting shows that you can watch for free online. Karin even runs a vegan dating agency!
- Z Living is a healthy lifestyle channel, with plenty of cooking programs. Programs include the Urban Vegetarian and Flip My Food (where hosts recreate the favorite dishes of top TV chefs and make them plant-based).
- Gaia TV is an online subscription channel. It’s mostly about yoga and meditation, but has many nutrition programs, most of which are plant-based. Many of the videos are related to health topics like raw food and Ayurveda.
- Supreme Master TV is a bit out there! It’s run by a religious network, but the programs are friendly and fun, with good interviews and recipes. This nonprofit broadcasts 24 hours a day in several languages through subtitles.
- Spiritual Cinema Circle is an online DVD club for alternative types. Join up and get 4 DVDs a month. They are mostly quality films (often world cinema) but they also often release good documentaries. You get what they send, but often they are about making the world a better place: whether that’s about food, health, planet or peace.
UK’s First Vegan TV Cooking Show!
Ian and Henry are better know as THE BOSH BOYS. Authors of several best-selling cookbooks and a thriving YouTube cooking channel, they have recently signed up to present the UK’s first mainstream TV cooking show: Living on the Veg. Catch up on shows for free at ITV Player.